As part of Brady Corporation, PDC sites around the world continue to implement and maintain multiple sustainability efforts across our facilities. Some of the highlights include:
- Increasing energy efficient protocols and products throughout our buildings
- Consolidating work spaces to create more efficiencies
- Implementing and upgrading equipment to be more energy efficient
- Reducing waste through process monitoring and analysis – saving 100,000 pounds of waste per year
Additionally, Brady Corporation headquarters in Milwaukee, Wisconsin is home to 28 acres of prairie grass and wildflowers planted more than 30 years ago, and a variety of wildlife right in the heart of the city.
In Port Orange, Florida, our plant boasts solar panels that can generate enough energy on sunny days to fully run the plant on solar power.
And in Germany, we use thermal energy to heat and cool the office and warehouse, with all of the electricity onsite coming from renewable resources. There’s even a natural bee and insect habitat next to the building.
Brady’s solar-powered Port Orange, Florida plant
Our eco-friendly bamboo nametag
While we are relentlessly focused on creating high performing products, we are also focused on producing products that are environmentally friendly. Just some of these examples include:
- Wristbands, lanyards, and nametags made with bamboo
- Labels, wristbands, and cards made out of recycled materials
- Water dissolvable labels
- Biodegradeable labels and cards
- Recyclable material inclusion
PDC’s legacy as an innovative company lives on in our commitment to work towards developing more environmentally-conscious products.
To learn more about how Brady lives its values, visit the Brady Corporation Community page to see how our Foundation gives back in the communities where we have a presence.