Precision Dynamics' Smart Band® RFID Wristband System to be Implemented at First Complete
Cashless Payment, Keyless Entry, Access Pass, Cashless Vending, and Guest ID are among the features at newest waterpark attraction KeyLime Cove Water Resort and will be demonstrated at IAAPA 2007.
San Fernando, CA - (November 9, 2007) - IAAPA Booths #2071 & #2068. Precision Dynamics Corporation (PDC), the global leader in automatic wristband identification, is implementing its Smart Band® RFID Wristband System at KeyLime Cove Water Resort, Gurnee, Illinois in what will be the first completely cashless waterpark in the USA. PDC’s Smart Band® RFID Wristband System features will be demonstrated at PDC booth 2071 during the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions (IAAPA), November 13-16, in Orlando, Florida.
Scheduled to be completed in late February 2008, KeyLime Cove Water Resort will feature 414 Hotel Suites, a 64,500 square foot waterpark and 12,000 square feet of meeting space. PDC announces that its Smart Band® RFID Wristband System will consist of PDC Smart Kiosks® (with a touch-screen monitor that allows parents to deposit money into pre-funded children’s accounts by utilizing cash, credit cards or existing room credit), PDC Smart SuperBand® Wristbands as well as third party software and hardware at the venue.
“KeyLime Cove Water Resort will be the convenient year round family getaway destination in Illinois,” said Robin Barber, Vice President of Advanced Marketing & Technology (AMAT) at PDC. “PDC’s role includes RFID consulting and RFID project management services to KeyLime Cove Water Resort making this facility completely cashless. With the Smart Band® RFID system, KeyLime Cove Water Resort patrons will not have to worry about carrying their keys or losing money. Also, there is the added security of families being able to pre-fund and monitor their children’s purchases. It’s secure, easy to use, and increases park spending. PDC’s Smart Band® RFID System provides convenience for both park owners and patrons alike. ”
“The implementation of the RFID wristband system will provide our guests with an exceptional level of ease and convenience,” said Rick Warmouth, KeyLime Cove Water Resort Assistant General Manager and Director of Operations. “We are very excited to be able to offer this state-of-the-art technology at America’s newest and most exciting indoor water resort.”
PDC, working along with the following third party software and hardware partners, will complete the process of creating KeyLime Cove Water Resort as the first totally cashless waterpark attraction. These RFID applications will provide KeyLime Cove Water Resort and its patrons with automated cashless point-of-sale (POS), keyless entry to hotel rooms and lockers, cashless vending, digital photography, and cashless spending in the arcade using RFID enabled token machines.
- Salto Systems has been chosen to secure keyless guest room access. PDC’s Smart Band® RFID wristband is read by the KeyLime Cove Water Resort guest room lock and authorizes guests in their rooms. Guests no longer have to worry about losing the keycards while they enjoy the rides.
- MICROS Systems, Inc. has been selected to deploy the flexible and scalable MICROS 9700 Hospitality Management System to support KeyLime Cove Water Resort’s point-of-sale requirements. In addition, several tools from the fully integrated OPERA Enterprise Suite will be installed, including its Property Management System, Sales and Catering, and Web Booking applications.
- cStar Technologies Inc. will provide KeyLime Cove Water Resort with RFID readers for wireless vending. cStar’s application eDispense™ HT, the engine behind cStar’s Vending Genie™ Hospitality, can also deliver the same cashless payment method for all other self service areas such as arcades, business centers, photo booths and laundry facilities.
- NAMCO CYBERTAINMENT INC. is responsible for the installation, service, and management of the amusement games in the arcade and other areas at KeyLime Cove Water Resort. They will also be assisting with the prize selection, ordering, stocking, and maintenance of the redemption center.
- Jackson Digital Imaging Corporation’s Automated Photo Identification will use its RFID technology at KeyLime Cove Water Resort. Each guest will receive a Smart Band® RFID wristband prior to entering the wet water rides. Wristbands are scanned by an RFID reader to link the guest with their photograph, which is later captured during the ride via a triggering mechanism. Guests can then view their photographs on monitors at the ride exit.Throughout their stay, visitors can conveniently view ride photos by scanning their wristbands at photo centers located across the park.
- Smarte Carte, Inc.’s electronic locker concession at KeyLime Cove Water Resort utilizes Smart Band®RFID wristband technology to let waterpark and hotel guests open their lockers with a wave of their wrist.The Smarte Locke® keyless locker system has revolutionized the way park patrons interact with their stored personal items by combining the RFID access and multiple-entry features to provide convenient and secure access to their personal items, which encourages secondary park spending.
- Ideal Software Systems, Inc. will be providing the RFID readers for the KeyLime Cove Water Resort token machines and the software to post token purchases to folio (room account and pre funded accounts.)
About Precision Dynamics
With over 50 years of experience, PDC is the global leader and pacesetter in the development of Auto ID wristband systems for healthcare, leisure and entertainment, and law enforcement. The company introduced the first patient Bar Code ID Wristband, patented Smart Band® Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) Wristbands, the AgeBand® Age/ID System, and PDC Smart Kiosk® Cashless RFID System. PDC is committed to 100% quality in service, design, and manufacturing and has ISO-9001: 2000 and ISO-13485: 2003 certification. For more information, visit: www.pdcorp.com.
About KeyLime Cove Water Resort
KeyLime Cove Water Resort is the result of a strong partnership among industry-leading experts in family entertainment, resort architecture, finance, and hospitality management: David W. Anderson of Edina, MN, Morrissey Hospitality Companies of St. Paul, MN, Planning Design Build of Madison, WI and Virchow Krause Capital LLC of Madison, WI. The partnership does business as KeyLime Cove of Gurnee, LLC. KeyLime Cove Water Resort opens February 29, 2007. For more information please contact Michelle Hoffman, Director of Marketing at (847) 406-3993 or visit: www.KeyLimeCove.com.
About Salto Systems
About MICROS Systems, Inc.
About cStar Technologies, Inc.
cStar Technologies Inc. is a global provider of wireless (LAN/WAN) data communication solutions for M2M (Machine-to-Machine/Men) and mobile commerce applications. Protected by multiple patents, its core solutions include award winning cashless wireless vending, RFID life science, and security applications. For more information, cStar Technologies Inc. will also be exhibiting at IAAPA, booth # 5634 and please visit their website at: www.cstartech.com.
About NAMCO CYBERTAINMENT INC.
About Jackson Digital Imaging
Jackson Digital Imaging Corporation (JDI) was established in 1993 in Las Vegas, Nevada. For several years, JDI’s primary product was Visionary, a popular high-end faces-on-bodies fantasy imaging system. In 1998, JDI developed Thrill-Pix; one of the world’s first fully digital ride photo systems. With over one and a half decades of experience, JDI is among the most experienced digital imaging vendors in the amusement & tourism industry. JDI’s corporate office is in Kingman, Arizona; approximately a two hour drive south of Las Vegas. The southern hemisphere is served by our office in Queensland, Australia. For more information please visit: www.jacksondigital.com.
About Smart Carte, Inc.
Smarte Carte, Inc., headquartered in St. Paul, Minnesota, pioneered the airport luggage cart industry 40 years ago. Success in managing airport cart concessions allowed Smarte Carte to expand its no-cost, revenue-generating concession programs to management of strollers, electronic lockers and other passenger/guest services at transportation, retail and entertainment centers. Today, Smarte Carte has more than 1,200 employees managing its services at more than 1,000 locations on five continents. For more information, please visit: www.smartecarte.com.
About Ideal Software Systems, Inc.