PDC AgeBand® and Smart Kiosk on College Campuses
San Fernando, CA (June 1, 2006) – Precision Dynamics Corporation (PDC), a leader in automatic wristband identification, will showcase its AgeBand® Age/ID Verification System and Smart® Kiosk Cashless RFID (radio frequency identification) Point-of-Sale (POS) for use at college arenas at the National Association of Collegiate Concessionaires (NACC) annual conference. AgeBand helps enforce the minimum drinking age on campuses, while Smart Kiosk allows for streamlined operations.
AgeBand scans and verifies a patron’s identification and instantly prints a wristband with pertinent patron information, including “Age ID Verified 21.” The system detects fraudulent identification such as fake driver’s licenses, which are commonly used by underage college students. The AgeBand system:
- Provides defensible action against underage drinking
- Reduces instances of human errors that occur when manually checking IDs
- Provides non-transferable positive patron identification, access control, and security
- Speeds up bar lines for increased spending and quicker service
- Increases revenue from ad/sponsorship on wristbands and system console
Smart Kiosk is a cashless POS solution that works in conjunction with AgeBand. The free-standing kiosk with touch-screen allows venue patrons to load money onto a Smart RFID AgeBand using cash, credit, or debit cards, allowing for easy and quick purchases at concession stands. The Smart Kiosk system:
- Operates like an electronic wallet to provide convenient cashless POS, eliminating need for tickets or badges
- Helps increase throughput at concession stands, reducing long lines
- Helps increase per capita spending and cash flow
- Reduces shrinkage and cash drawer discrepancies
As part of the NACC conference agenda, Douglas Bourque, Market Development Manager at PDC, will join a panel of four to discuss “Credit Card System, Cashless, and POS.” The panel discussion will take place on June 14 at 11:15am.
About Precision Dynamics
With 50 years of experience, PDC is the global leader and pacesetter in the development of automatic identification wristband systems for healthcare, patron management, and law enforcement. The company introduced the first patient Bar Code ID Wristband System in 1984, patented Smart Band® Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) Wristband System in 2000, AgeBand® Electronic Age/ID Verification System in 2004, and PDC Smart® Kiosk Cashless POS RFID System in 2005. PDC is committed to 100% quality in service, design, and manufacturing. This is substantiated by their ISO-9001: 2000 and ISO-13485: 2003 certification at their main facility in San Fernando, CA. For more information, visit www.pdcorp.com.
The National Association of Collegiate Concessionaires (NACC) is a group of individuals dedicated to the promotion of professional and successful operations at venues on university campuses. The NACC provides a forum for members to share new ideas and concepts, enabling personal growth to create efficient and profitable operations. For more information, visit www.NACC-Online.com.